How to take good care of your Tableware? Simple tips to help you maximise your product life…
Wash area is often most neglected area of operation. In the course of my career of more than three decades, I have visited stewarding & wash area of many hotels & restaurants, obviously to solve customer complaints. Hence I am restricting my observation & opinion to Indian hospitality.
I strongly advise Hotel professionals including Kitchen Stewarding Managers, Chefs, F&B, Restaurant Owners to take care of their Tableware. Simple suggestions which will give instant results !
- Bussing practises were taught in Hotel management schools however forgotten in real operations.
- Decoy system for placing different items must be followed religiously. ( Do not mix all items together)
- Please visit & check your Washing areas regularly. Regular surprise checks after you train your staff properly ( installing camera is good idea to monitor your Mori guys).
- DO NOT use scotch-brite / steel-wool for your crockery, cutlery, glasswares, melamine etc..
- Just use warm soapy water with sponge to clean up your Tablewares, if you do not want any issues like scratch marks etc & wish to maximise the life of your costly equipments..
It is quite common in hotel industry that untrained & unsupervised Mori (dishwashers) staff handles equipments especially tablewares quite badly which often results in more damages…. Consequently increasing losses to the company.. Most important, little bit of training & regular supervision will go a long way in maximising the life & performance of your Tablewares !
You can see some videos for Safety & best precautions.